Latest news from Simply Accounts & tax
Preparing your business for emergencies
The UK government has a webpage with guidance to help businesses identify and prepare for the hazards and threats that may disrupt their operations.
Being more prepared and resilient could give a competitive advantage to your business. The actions you take to make your business resilient will depend on your circumstances and the risks you are comfortable taking. Having assessed these, only you can decide how much time, and possibly money, you want to invest in increasing your resilience.
These suggested actions will help you get started:
- Do a business resilience health check to help you understand how to make your company prepared for emergencies by using the weblink below.
- Talk to neighbours, businesses, and customers about your plans and how you could support each other.
- Test your plan and adjust it where necessary to avoid complications in an emergency.
- Make sure all your staff have copies of your plan and that they know their responsibilities in an emergency.
- Read the guidance for preparing your businesses for flooding and for preparing your premises. See: [Preparing for emergencies - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)](https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/preparing-for-emergencies/preparing-for-emergencies)